Fighting for Consumer Protection
Have you received an unwanted marketing call or text?
If you are receiving unwanted marketing texts or calls, you may be eligible for a judgment awarding you $1500 per call under a statute known as the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, or TCPA.
Free TCPA Claim Evaluation
Get Help Now
How do I know if I have a case against a company sending me unwanted calls or texts?
Though the statute is a little more complex, if you follow the following guideline, you will have an indication of whether you have a case. If you are unsure or believe you have a case, call us toll free at 800-778-2065 or fill out our online contact form for a free consultation.
Talk with one of our lawyers today
The Telephone Consumer Protection Act protects clients against excessive telemarketing calls and collections actions, with strict rules regarding:
- Consent: They are not allowed to call phone numbers that you did not put on your loan application or give them express consent to call.
- Timing of calls: They are not allowed to call your residence for collections purposes before 8 a.m. or after 9 p.m.
- Do-not-call lists: Collectors and solicitors are not permitted to call you if you are on a company’s do-not-call list or the national do-not-call registry.
- Access: When third-party solicitors call on behalf of a company, they must provide the name and contact information of the company.
- Human contact: They are not allowed to use recorded or artificial voice messages or automated calls (“robocalls”) without your prior express consent.
For each and every call that violates the TCPA, a judge can award you up to $1500.
These are just a few of the common violations of the TCPA. If you feel your rights have been violated in any way, talk with a lawyer right away to discuss your case. You will not pay a dime until we win or settle you case. It’s time to stop letting companies flood consumers’ phone with unwanted marketing texts and calls. Our firm can help you fight back.