Debt Collector Harassment Lawyer
Protecting You Against Debt Collector AbuseDealing with debt collectors can evoke a whirlwind of emotions – confusion, frustration, and helplessness – just to name a few. Reach out to a debt collector harassment lawyer. When harassing debt collectors relentlessly pursue people, it often leaves them feeling trapped and overwhelmed. Block their number, and they’ll find another way to reach you, sometimes even disguising their calls or texts with a familiar area code and prefix. This deceptive tactic tricks you into answering or replying. To make matters worse, some debt collectors won’t hesitate to call and ask for you at work. This intrusion subjects you to embarrassment and humiliation, amplifying the stress you already endure. Many individuals don’t realize that debt collectors rely on their targets not knowing their rights under the law. However, it takes just one phone call or text to cross the line and violate both federal and state debt collection laws. With the help of a national debt collector harassment lawyer, you can fight back and regain control of your life. Contact the Kazerouni Law Group and find out with a free case evaluation how they can stop debt collection harassment. We are prepared to take swift legal action against abusive debt collectors. If you are subjected to debt collector harassment, take immediate action. Contact a debt harassment attorney today at 800-400-6808.
Understanding Debt Collector Harassment Laws and Protections
If you are subjected to relentless harassment by debt collectors, you are not alone. The constant calls, threats, and abusive tactics can take a toll on your well-being and financial stability.
As a victim of debt collector harassment, knowing the laws and protections available to you gives you the ability to recognize debt-collecting violations.
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) serves as a powerful tool to shield consumers from abusive and unfair debt collection practices.
Your rights as a victim of debt collector harassment include:
Protection against threats, intimidation, and abusive language
- Freedom from continuous calls
- The right to request written communication only
- The ability to dispute the debt and seek validation information
- The right to take legal action and pursue compensation for the harm caused
Why Choose Kazerouni Law Group for Your Debt Harassment Case?
Winning Over $1 Billion for Our Clients
We know that coping with debt collectors is a distressful experience. Your time, money, and your reputation are all at stake.
When you hire us, we will take over all communication with the debt collectors, relieving you of the burden and allowing you to focus on regaining control of your financial security. When you choose Kazerouni Law Group, you can expect:
- Extensive nationwide FDCPA experience. Our team of seasoned attorneys concentrates on handling Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) violations across the country. With a comprehensive knowledge of both state and federal laws governing debt collection practices, we can deliver effective legal representation.
- We get proven results. We go beyond mere promises and deliver tangible results. We understand that our clients are not just legal cases but individuals, families, and communities seeking justice. With a remarkable history of securing over $1 billion in compensation for consumers nationwide, our results speak volumes about our dedication and commitment.
- Tailored and individualized approach. We recognize that every creditor harassment case is unique, and we believe in providing personalized attention to our clients. Our debt collection defense attorneys take the time to listen to your story, understand your specific circumstances, and develop a customized legal strategy that aligns with your best interests.
Even if you owe a debt, you still have rights that creditors must respect. Our dedicated team of nationwide debt collection defense attorneys focuses on leveraging their extensive knowledge of the law to upheld your rights and protect your interests.
Contact us today to discuss your case and take the first step toward resolving your debt collection harassment concerns.
What Are the Signs of Debt Collector Harassment?
5 Scenarios Debt Collectors Often Use to Harass You
Debt collector harassment can manifest in various ways, often catching individuals off guard. While some instances of harassment are obvious, others may go unnoticed if you don’t know the laws surrounding debt collection practices.
If you encounter any of the following scenarios, it could indicate debt collector or collection agency harassment:
- Persistent and aggressive communication. Debt collectors who relentlessly contact you, making repeated phone calls, emails, or texts, to pressure you into paying.
- Lying or refusing to identify themselves. Debt collectors who do not truthfully identify themselves or inform you they are collecting a debt, or lie about the amount owed.
- Threats, intimidation, or abusive language. Using scare tactics such as making threats of legal action they do not intend or have no authority to take, saying that they can or will have you arrested, and using racial slurs, obscenities, or insulting remarks.
- Contacting you at inconvenient hours. Collectors who disregard your right to privacy by contacting you early in the morning (before 8 a.m.), late at night (after 9 p.m.), or at a workplace that does not accept personal calls.
- Invasion of Privacy. Debt collectors who disclose your debt to third parties, such as family members, friends, or colleagues, without your consent, violate your privacy rights and engage in harassment.
These are just some signs of debt collector harassment. Consult a qualified debt collection harassment lawyer who can evaluate your specific situation and provide the necessary guidance to protect your rights and seek justice.
How Kazerouni Law Group Can Help You With Debt Collection Harassment Today
When you work with a nationwide debt collector harassment lawyer at our firm, you gain a strong advocate who will fight to protect your rights and seek justice on your behalf.
Here’s how we can assist you throughout the process:
Initial consultation and case evaluation. Your lawyer will review your situation, listen to your concerns, and provide an honest assessment of the strength of your case. They will explain your legal rights, discuss potential legal strategies, and outline the steps involved in pursuing a resolution.
Identification of the harassing party. We will investigate and gather vital information about the debt collector, including their name, contact details, and the collection agency they represent. We will review communication records, and explore any harassment. We will confirm whether the debt was sold or assigned to a third-party collector—and whether you still owe it.
Respond to threats. Harassing debt collectors often resort to intimidation and threats. Rest assured, we will guide you on how to handle these situations, empowering you to stand firm and protect your rights. Our comprehensive approach strengthens your case and increases the chances of a successful outcome.
Validation of debt. Debt collectors must provide accurate and detailed information about the debt within a specific timeframe. We will review the validation information they provide, ensuring it complies with the law.
Dispute the debt. If you believe the debt is inaccurate or not yours, we will skillfully handle the dispute process, leveraging our skills and knowledge to challenge the debt collector’s claims and protect your rights.
Pursue legal action. If the harassing creditor fails to comply with our requests or violates debt collection laws, we will initiate a lawsuit against the debt collector, seeking legal remedies and financial compensation for the harm caused. This may include monetary damages for the emotional distress, financial losses, and harm caused by the harassment.
Class action lawsuits. In some cases, multiple individuals may have suffered from the same debt collector’s unlawful practices. As skilled national debt collection harassment attorneys, we will explore the potential for class action lawsuits, amplifying our efforts and ensuring justice for a broader group of individuals.
These steps can hold the debt collector accountable for their actions.
When faced with debt collector harassment, enlisting the services of a knowledgeable national debt collector harassment lawyer can make a world of difference.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Debt Collector Harassment
Can I sue a debt collector for harassment?
You may sue a debt collector who has harassed you. A skilled attorney will assess your case and determine the best course of action.
How long do I have to file a lawsuit against a debt collector?
You must file an FDCPA lawsuit within one year of the violation. Our experienced lawyers will explain the applicable timeframes and take appropriate action within the specified period.
Will hiring a lawyer make the debt collector stop contacting me?
Hiring a lawyer significantly shifts the dynamics in your favor. Debt collectors may not contact you once they learn that an attorney represents you.
Contact a National Debt Collection Harassment Lawyer at Kazerouni Law Group
Whether it happened one time, or you face relentless debt collector harassment, take action and seek the assistance of a national debt collector harassment lawyer.
By asserting your rights and seeking legal representation, you can regain control over your life, put an end to the harassment, and pursue the compensation you deserve. Reach out to a consumer protection lawyer.
Don’t let debt collector harassment go unanswered. Reach out to a trusted national debt collector harassment attorney today and take the first step towards protecting your rights and seeking justice.
What Our Clients Say
Knutson v. Sirius XM Radio Inc.
Cell Phone Privacy
Couser v. Comenity Bank.
Invasion of Privacy
Lapuebla v. Birchbox
Illegally Renewed Subscriptions