San Diego TCPA Lawyer
Are you plagued by robo-calls and harassing debt collectors?
It wasn’t so long ago that we could only make phone calls from a stationary phone with a rotary dial. Every call went through an operator first, and when the phone rang, you knew it was something important.
Things are different today. There’s a better chance of a stranger or a robot on the other end of the line than someone you like. Many people no longer answer their phones for fear of robocalls and harassing debt collectors.
The problem of robocalls and artificial voice solicitations has grown to epidemic proportions, causing considerable frustration and leaving unsuspecting consumers vulnerable to various scams.
With a presence in multiple locations across the United States, the Kazerouni Law Group employs a team of national telephone consumer protection attorneys dedicated to seeking compensation for unwanted calls and text messages.
We fully comprehend the toll these intrusive and potentially harmful communications can take on your daily life, and we are here to assist you.
Why Choose Our San Diego TCPA Lawyers?
The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) offers remedies to discourage illicit robocalling practices and relieve those affected. Select the right attorney to maximize compensation for the infringement on your time, finances, and reputation.
When you enlist the Kazerouni Law Group for your TCPA case, you can expect:
Vast Nationwide TCPA Experience: Our team of skilled attorneys fights Telephone Consumer Protection Act violations nationwide. We fully understand state and federal TCPA regulations governing telephone communication practices and have the experience, capabilities, and resources to provide effective legal representation.
Proven Track Record: We don’t simply make promises; we deliver tangible results. Having secured over $1 billion in compensation for our clients underscores our dedication to safeguarding the rights of Americans nationwide, protecting them against spammers, scammers, and companies that infringe upon TCPA regulations.
Kazerouni Law Group has a distinguished history of achieving substantial settlements in TCPA violation cases, including a recent victory of $18 million against Portfolio Recovery Associates in a TCPA class action lawsuit.
We have also prevailed in numerous high-profile text message cases and instances of negligent TCPA violations involving major corporations and collection agencies throughout the United States.
Personalized Approach With Free Case Evaluations: We recognize that each case is unique and believe in providing personalized attention to our clients.
We offer complimentary case evaluations, allowing you to discuss your situation with our experienced team and receive an initial assessment of the merits of your TCPA case, empowering you to make informed decisions about pursuing legal action without any financial commitment.
Ongoing Awareness of TCPA Developments: Our attorneys fully understand TCPA and proactively monitor changes and developments in the field to ensure that our clients benefit from the most current and effective legal strategies.
When protecting your telephone number and personal information from unauthorized access, hire a qualified TCPA attorney who comprehends the intricacies of the law.
For a free consultation, contact a telemarketing violations attorney and discover how we take legal action against companies responsible for harassing phone calls. Contact us today.
Give us a call today to discover what makes Kazerouni Law Group different – your trusted partner in the fight against intrusive and illegal phone calls.
We offer a convenient San Diego location at 2221 Camino del Rio South, Suite 101, in San Diego. It’s easy to find near the Scottish Rite Center of San Diego.
What Is the Telephone Consumer Protection Act or TCPA?
The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) is a federal law in the United States enacted in 1991 to regulate telemarketing calls, automated phone calls, and unsolicited text messages.
Key provisions of the TCPA include:
- Restrictions on Telemarketing Calls: The TCPA prohibits telemarketers from making unsolicited calls to consumers using automated dialing systems, prerecorded voice messages, or artificial voices without the prior written consent of the recipient.
- National Do-Not-Call Registry: The TCPA established the National Do-Not-Call Registry, which allows consumers to add phone numbers to a no-call list. Telemarketers are required to update their call lists periodically to comply with the registry.
- Opt-Out Mechanism: Telemarketers must provide a clear and easy-to-use opt-out mechanism for consumers during their calls, allowing individuals to request that they no longer receive calls from that telemarketer.
- Restrictions on Unsolicited Faxes: The TCPA also includes provisions regulating unsolicited fax advertisements and requires opt-out mechanisms for recipients.
- Restrictions on Text Messages: The TCPA applies to unsolicited text messages, requiring written consent from consumers before sending automated marketing texts.
- Restrictions on Artificial or Prerecorded Voice Calls: The TCPA restricts artificial or prerecorded voice calls for telemarketing purposes, requiring written consent from recipients.
- Privacy and Consent: Consent under the TCPA must be unambiguous, and individuals can revoke their consent at any time.
- Enforcement: The TCPA allows consumers to sue telemarketers and seek damages for violations, with statutory damages ranging from $500 to $1,500 per violation, depending on whether the violation was negligent or willful.
Violators of the TCPA can face significant financial penalties, making compliance with its provisions essential for businesses engaged in telemarketing and automated communication practices.
Other Debt Collector Harassment Laws
The U.S. government provides other protections against debt collectors. The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) regulates debt collector harassment laws in the United States at the federal level. State laws can also provide additional protections depending on the situation.
Here are some critical aspects of debt collector harassment laws and the protections they offer:
- Prohibited Practices: Debt collectors can’t harass or intimidate consumers, including threats of violence, obscene or abusive language, and repeated phone calls.
- Time Restrictions: Debt collectors cannot contact consumers before 8 a.m. or after 9 p.m. unless alternative contact times are agreed upon.
- Deceptive Practices: Debt collectors are prohibited from using deceptive or misleading practices, such as lying about the amount of the debt, implying they are attorneys, or sending bogus documents that appear to be from a government agency when they are not.
- Stop Requests: Consumers can request that debt collectors stop communication. When they receive a request in writing, the debt collector can only contact the consumer to acknowledge receipt and notify them of specific actions or that collection efforts have ended.
- Validation of Debt: Debt collectors must provide written notice of debt details within five days of initial contact, including the amount, the name of the creditor, and the consumer’s rights to dispute the debt. Consumers have 30 days to dispute in writing.
- Privacy Protections: Debt collectors are generally prohibited from discussing your debt with third parties, such as family, friends, or employers unless they have the consumer’s consent or a court order.
- Legal Remedies: Consumers have legal recourse if debt collectors violate the FDCPA or state laws. They can sue the debt collector for damages, including actual, statutory, and attorney’s fees. Government agencies may also act against violators.
Consumers subjected to debt collector harassment should keep records of all statements and refer to an attorney experienced in consumer protection laws to understand their rights and potential courses of action.
Report violations to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and the California Attorney General’s office for investigation.
A debt collection lawyer can help you understand these laws, their meaning in your situation, and any options you might have.
Filing a Claim for Financial Compensation
To stop annoying calls, you need to do something about them. If you don’t, they will keep bothering you. The first thing to do is start a legal process, and the experienced legal team at Kazerouni Law Group can help you with that.
Here’s what you should be aware of:
- Your Ability to Act: Thanks to the TCPA, you can act if harassing calls bother you. Our skilled team can help you use this power effectively, even if you’re not familiar with how to hold companies accountable for TCPA violations.
- Collective Lawsuits: In TCPA lawsuits, several people can come together in one legal case, which makes things easier and prevents the legal system from getting overwhelmed with many individual cases about the same problem.
- Support: Don’t let these annoying calls disrupt your life without consequences. You have rights, and one of them is keeping your peace. The Kazerouni Law Group is here to help you.
We’re committed to making sure companies that break the law face the consequences and that you receive the money you should.
Contact us today to discuss your worries and start the path toward fairness and peace.
How Can Our San Diego TCPA Lawyers Help?
A Telephone Consumer Protection Act lawyer concentrates on cases related to the TCPA, telemarketing calls, automated phone calls, and unsolicited text messages.
Here are some of the things a TCPA lawyer does:
- Assessing Violations: A TCPA lawyer evaluates potential violations of the TCPA by individuals, companies, or organizations. They examine the facts of the case to determine if there has been a breach of the law, such as unsolicited robocalls, automated messages, or unsolicited text messages.
- Advising Clients: TCPA lawyers advise individuals who believe their rights under the TCPA have been violated. They explain the legal options available and help clients understand their rights and potential remedies.
- Filing Lawsuits: If a TCPA lawyer determines that a violation has occurred and the client wishes to pursue legal action, they can file a lawsuit on behalf of the client against the responsible party. This may include telemarketing companies, debt collectors, or other entities that have engaged in prohibited communication practices.
- Class Action Lawsuits: In many TCPA cases, multiple individuals may have experienced similar violations. TCPA lawyers may initiate class action lawsuits on behalf of a group of affected individuals, making the legal process more efficient and allowing individuals to seek compensation collectively.
- Negotiating Settlements: TCPA lawyers negotiate with the defendants to reach settlements on behalf of their clients. These settlements may involve compensation for the harm caused by TCPA violations.
- Representing Clients in Court: If a TCPA case goes to trial, the lawyer represents the client, presenting evidence, making legal arguments, and advocating for the client’s rights and interests.
- Compliance Guidance: TCPA lawyers also work with businesses and organizations to ensure compliance with TCPA regulations. They guide clients on structuring telemarketing and communication practices to avoid TCPA violations.
- Monitoring Legal Developments: TCPA lawyers stay updated on changes in TCPA regulations and court decisions related to TCPA cases. This ensures they can provide their clients with the most current and effective legal strategies.
- Seeking Compensation: The primary goal of a TCPA lawyer is to help clients seek compensation for damages caused by TCPA violations. This may include financial compensation for statutory damages, actual damages, and injunctive relief to prevent further violations.
A TCPA lawyer addresses violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act and provides legal representation to those affected, helping them seek compensation and justice for the harm they have endured.
Contact the San Diego Debt Collection Harassment Lawyers at Kazerouni Law Group
Our team is ready to protect your rights if you’re dealing with harassing creditors. At Kazerouni Law Group, our debt defense attorneys provide nationwide assistance.
Are you experiencing constant harassment from debt collectors? Even if you owe a debt, you don’t have to endure harassing and annoying collection calls. You have options, and we can help you take the next steps to peace.
Our California debt collection harassment attorneys have the experience and resources to safeguard your rights and offer solid legal advocacy.
Creditor harassment is intimidating and harmful. We can stop it. Learn how we can help you today.
Kazerouni Law Group, APC
2221 Camino del Rio S #101
San Diego, CA 92108