Immigration Law

What is Immigration Law?

Immigration law refers to the rules established by the federal government for determining who is allowed to enter the country, and for how long. It also governs the naturalization process for those who desire to become U.S. citizens. Finally, when foreign nationals enter without permission, overstay their visit, or otherwise lose their legal status, immigration law controls how the detention and removal proceedings are carried out. Three federal agencies are charged with administering and enforcing immigration laws. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) investigates those who break the law, and prosecutes offenders. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) handles applications for legal immigration. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is responsible for keeping the borders secure. All three agencies are part of the Department of Homeland Security.

Types of Immigration Cases

The most common Immigration law cases we handle involve individuals that have suffered unreasonable immigration delays caused by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) failure to make a timely decision also known as Wirt of Mandamus. We also handle cases involving, Adjustment of Status, Marriage Based Applications, Immigration Bond Services, Asylum and Refugee Application, Naturalization and E2 Visa.

Writ of Mandamus

Have you or a loved one suffered unreasonable immigration delays caused by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) failure to make a timely decision on your case? If you have an immigration case that has been pending for an unreasonable amount of time and you’re tired of waiting, you should consult us about filing a Writ of Mandamus to force immigration to make a decision. Under the Administrative Procedures Act individuals can file a type of lawsuit or legal complaint in federal court against USCIS to force or mandate an immigration decision. It’s important to note that a Writ of Mandamus does not guarantee approval. It only helps to ensure that USCIS decides on your immigration case in a “reasonable amount of time.”

E2 Investment Visa’s

Do you want to run a business and live in the United States? Well the E2 Investment Visa might be the right option for you.  The E2 visa is a non-immigrant visa for investors, entrepreneurs, and people looking to run a
business in the United States. With an E2 visa, you can start a US business or invest in a US business and work for that business. To get an E2 visa, you must invest a substantial amount of capital into a US business and you must direct and develop that business. You can either start a new business or invest in an existing business to qualify for an E2 visa. The E2 visa is only available to people from certain countries that have an E2 treaty with the
United States. There is no limit to the number of times the E2 visa can be renewed. So as long as the E2 business continues to operate and meet the E2 visa requirements, and E2 visa holder can continue to renew their visa and live and work in the United States


Contact Kazerouni Law Group

Talk with an attorney from our firm free of charge.

Scroll to Top