Evangeline Dech, esq.
Evangeline is a Colorado native who graduated summa cum laude from Xavier University of Louisiana in 2015 with a B.A. in both Spanish Literature and Political Science. Throughout her undergraduate career, she studied at the Universidad del Belgrano in Buenos Aires through a study abroad program. Taking classes concentrated in Latin American social justice, Evangeline returned to the United States with a newfound passion for the intricacies of foreign law.
At California Western, Evangeline distinguished herself as Executive Editor of Notes and Comments for Law Review. She herself has been published multiple times on topics such as immigration detention and racial exposure on social media. She received academic excellence awards (highest grade of the class) in four bar classes, while working diligently as treasurer of the Black Law Student Association.
Evangeline was just as devoted to her San Diego community as she was to her academics. She volunteers her free time building houses for families with the Habitat for Humanity and is a member of the Pro Bono and Public Service Honor Society.
And now after numerous internships in law school ranging from the Community Law Project where she presented information on Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, to drafting judicial orders for federal judges, to arguing motions to suppress evidence at the Office of the Public Defender, Evangeline eventually found her niche. She joined the firm in 2018 as a Post-Bar Law Clerk and now fights for consumer rights as an Associate Attorney.
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- California Western School of Law, San Diego, California
- Juris Doctor, summa cum laude
- Academic Excellence Awards (Highest Grade in Class): Crim. Law, Torts, Evidence, Constitutional Law, Remedies
- Xavier University Of Louisiana, New Orleans, LA
- Bachelor of Arts, summa cum laude, Spanish Literature and Political Science
- Nonprofit Organizations: Humanizing Immigration Detention, Volume 53, Issue 2 (2017)
- Earl B. Gilliam Bar Association, Board of Directors
- Community Law Project, Volunteer
- Just in Time for Foster Youth, Volunteer
- Pro Bono and Public Service Honor Society